CS Department Working Collection
Purpose: to provide easy access, for faculty and majors, to the major
texts and reference materials of the discipline.
Not all of the texts listed here are available. This list may be out of date.
Algorithms and Data Structures
- Aho, Alfred V.
- The design and analysis of computer algorithms.
- Akl, Selim G.
- The design and analysis of parallel algorithms.
- Kogge, Peter M. (1991)
- The architecture of symbolic computers. McGraw-Hill.
- Mano, Morris
- Computer system architecture.
- Patterson and Hennessy (1994)
- Computer Organization & Design: the Hardware/Software Interface Morgan Kaufman
- Rich, Elaine & Knight, Kevin Artificial Intelligence
- Barr & Feigenbaum The Handbook of Aritificial Intelligence
- Wos Automated reasoning
- Boyer, Robert S. A computational logic
- Chou, Shang-Ching, 19 Mechanical geometry theorem proving
- Fitting, Melvin, 1942 First-order logic and automated the
- Gallier, Jean H. Logic for computer science: founda
- Chang, Chin-Liang, 19 Symbolic logic and mechanical theorem proving
Database and Information Retrieval
- Ullman Database Systems
Human Computer Interaction
Numeric and Symbolic Computation
Operating Systems and Networks
- Bach, Maurice
- The Design of the UNIX Operating System
- Comer, Douglas
- Operating system design: The Xinu approach
- Egan, Janet I.
- Writing a UNIX device driver
- Nemeth, et al.
- UNIX System Administration Handbook 2nd. ed. Prentice-Hall 1995.
- Silberschatz & Gavin
- Operating Systems Concepts
- Tannenbaum, Andrew
- Modern Operating Systems
- Sebesta Concepts of Programming Languages
- Sethi Programming Languages: Concepts and Constructs
- Davis, Ruth E. Truth, Deduction, and Computation:
- Hopcroft & Ullman Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages and Computation
- Salomaa, Arto Computation and Automata
- Linz, Peter (1996) An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata 2nd ed. D. C. Heath and Company
- Aho, Alfred V. Compilers, Principles, Techniques
- Fischer, Charles N. Crafting a Compiler
- Holub, Allen I. Compiler Design in C
- Slonneger and Kurtz (1995)
- Formal Syntax and Semantics of Programming Languages Addison-Wesley
- Stoy, Joseph
- Denotational Semantics: The Scott-Strachey Approach
- Abelson, Harold Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Hogger, Christopher J. Essentials of Logic Programming
- Sterling, Leon The Art of Prolog: Advanced Programming Techniques
- Alagic, Suad, 1946- The Design of Well-structured and Correct Programs
- Arsac, Jacques Foundations of Programming
- Ben-Ari, M Principles of Concurrent Programming
- Bentley, Jon Louis More Programming Pearls: Confessions of Programmer
- Bentley, Jon Louis Writing Efficient Programs
- Chandy, K. Mani An Introduction to Parallel Programming
- Gries, David The Science of Programming
- Kernighan, Brian W. The Elements of Programming Style
- Kernighan, Brian W. Software Tools
- Kernighan, Brian W. The UNIX Programming Environment
- Liskov, B. Abstraction and Specification in Programs
- Loeckx, J. J. C. The Foundations of Program Verification
- Meyer, Bertrand Object-oriented Software Construction
- Reynolds, John C. The Craft of Programming
- Huff & Finholt (1994)
- Social Issues in Computing--Putting Computing in its Place McGraw-Hill Inc.
- Oz, Effy (1994)
- Ethics for the Information Age B&E Tech
- Perrolle (1987)
- Computers and Social Change--Information, Property, and Power Wadsworth Publishing
- Crossley, John N. Constructive Order Types
- Curry, Haskell B. Combinatory Logic
- DeLong, Howard A Profile of Mathematical Logic
- Fitting, Melvin Chris Intuitionistic Logic, Model Theory
- Kleene, Stephen Cole The Foundations of Intuitionistic Mathematics
- Martin-Lof, Per Notes on Constructive Mathematics
- Wrightson, Graham On Some Semantic Tableau Proof Procedures
- Barendregt, H. P. The Lambda Calculus: Its Syntax and Semantics
- Fitting, Melvin Chris Proof Methods for Modal and Intuitionistic Logic
- Beeson, Michael J. Foundations of Constructive Mathematics
- Henderson, Peter Functional Programming: Application
- Knuth, Donald Ervin The Art of Computer Programming
- Kroger, Fred Temporal Logic of Programs
- Nerode, A. and Shore, R. (1993)
- Logic for Applications Springer-Verlag
- Horowitz, Ellis ed. (1985)
- Programming Languages: A Grand Tour Computer Science Press
- Ito, Kiyosi (1993)
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Mathematics 2nd ed. MIT Press
- Laplante, Philip (1996)
- Great Papers in Computer Science West Publishing Company
- van Leeuwen, J. (ed) (1990)
- Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science MIT Press