Building blocks of a successful IT career
|Foundation Skills||Business Skills|
|Ability to learn new skills
Analytic capabilities and problem-solving skills
Communication skills (verbal and written)
Broad education and global perspective
Understanding of business operation
|Technical Skills||References are asked about the following traits|
|Strengths and weaknesses
Relationship with supervisors
Customer service skills
Ability to work under stress
Communication & organizational skills
Factors that contribute to innovation, broader application of technology, and valued by employers.
- Intellectual accomplishment in other disciplines.
- Communication skills
- Breadth of ability and experience
- Social commitment
Questions asked of references by prospective employers.
- System Administrator position (2000.01.31)
- What is the length and nature of your relationship to ....?
- Please describe and rate (excellent, good, fair, poor) his Customer Service skills.
- What would you say are his strengths?
- What would you say are his weaknesses?